2nd Right Community

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

2nd Right Community
2nd Right Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the first gun you ever shot?

+26
JohnH.
Summers
Live Free or Die
snafu
Ornette_Coleman
dhooksc
Poorboy
jball50
spanky19
Nightstalker
harleyrider1
Sigintarma
Ronin
JoshB
ArmedinGB
fedup
Kalashnichris
tonbon
John S.
USMarineSgt@2ndRight
ResistTyranny
The Shepard
Spedz
Jim Erickson
Redneckhitman
mike@2ndright
30 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What is the first gun you ever shot? Empty What is the first gun you ever shot?

Post  mike@2ndright Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:36 pm

We all started some where. so what was the first gun you shot that made you fall in love with shooting
mike@2ndright
mike@2ndright
Admin

Back to top Go down

What is the first gun you ever shot? Empty Re: What is the first gun you ever shot?

Post  Redneckhitman Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:41 pm

My Dad's Hunting Rifle. A 30-30 Lever Action
Redneckhitman
Redneckhitman

Back to top Go down

What is the first gun you ever shot? Empty .22 lr single shot

Post  Jim Erickson Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:43 pm

When I was about 7 my dad bought me a single shot .22 for shooting grouse when I went deer hunting with him. I loved shooting it, but it had a trigger issue and would go off on its own. Dad took it to a trusted friend/gun smith and said it really wasn't repairable. Then when I turned 14 I used my paper route money and I purchased a .30-.30 marlin lever action for $80. I still have it. I love that gun. I can nail anything under 50 yards. It is ok at 100 yards, but then I tend to prefer a different caliber and more accurate weapon.
santa
Jim Erickson
Jim Erickson

Back to top Go down

What is the first gun you ever shot? Empty 1st guns

Post  Spedz Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:47 pm

Truely it was a bb gun but the first true gun pistol anyway was my dads old 1911 first rifle was a 30-30 first shot gun was a mossberg 12 gauge but the gun that truely got me hooked was dads 50 cal (which he left me when he passed away)
Spedz
Spedz

Back to top Go down

What is the first gun you ever shot? Empty Re: What is the first gun you ever shot?

Post  The Shepard Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:52 pm

The first gun I ever shot was in basic training. That old M16A3. Been hooked ever since!
The Shepard
The Shepard

Back to top Go down

What is the first gun you ever shot? Empty .22 lever

Post  ResistTyranny Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:53 pm

When I was 6 or 7 Dad took me plinking with his .22 rifle. Had years of gun safety lessons at home and lots of instruction with a .22 pellet airgun but that was the first time I got to pull the trigger on a firearm. Save up Christmas and birthday money and lawn mowing money for a couple years and bought my own .410 a couple years later. Took my first deer with that shotgun on my second hunt.
ResistTyranny
ResistTyranny

Back to top Go down

Post  USMarineSgt@2ndRight Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:57 pm

The Shepard wrote:The first gun I ever shot was in basic training. That old M16A3. Been hooked ever since!

Like you, I never grew up around guns and never imagined myself ever shooting one or being in the military. First gun I ever shot was a friend of my Recruiters up in the mountains of NY....a musket. It knocked me on my ass and bruised my shoulder but when my Recruiter saw I had disintegrated the target, he knew I'd do well on the range and I did. High shooter and Expert marksman every year of my service lol. I wanted to be a sniper but obviously due to my gender it was a closed MOS for females. I was talked to about joining the competition shooting team though. I've been hooked ever since and have shot with practically everything from vehicle mounted to some very 'modified' crazy guns that friends had cooked up in their garages shops lol
USMarineSgt@2ndRight
USMarineSgt@2ndRight
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  John S. Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:37 pm

I recall shooting a pistol and rifle of some sort as a child (7 or 8 ) at Bible camp...no idea what they were. I've been around firearms all my life, my uncles, my father, and friends. But I believe the 'bug' bit me when I was able to save up and get a Ruger 10/22...think I was 16.
John S.
John S.

http://www.neowin.net

Back to top Go down

Post  The Shepard Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:43 pm

USMarineSgt@2ndRight wrote:
The Shepard wrote:The first gun I ever shot was in basic training. That old M16A3. Been hooked ever since!

Like you, I never grew up around guns and never imagined myself ever shooting one or being in the military. First gun I ever shot was a friend of my Recruiters up in the mountains of NY....a musket. It knocked me on my ass and bruised my shoulder but when my Recruiter saw I had disintegrated the target, he knew I'd do well on the range and I did. High shooter and Expert marksman every year of my service lol. I wanted to be a sniper but obviously due to my gender it was a closed MOS for females. I was talked to about joining the competition shooting team though. I've been hooked ever since and have shot with practically everything from vehicle mounted to some very 'modified' crazy guns that friends had cooked up in their garages shops lol

Thats how i have been, I never even handled a weapon growing up.(No BB's gun, pelet gun, nothing) Went into basic, and i've been shooting 39-40/40 since.
The Shepard
The Shepard

Back to top Go down

Post  tonbon Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:43 pm

1st gun was dads mossberg 22wmr, bolt action. now it's mine, great gun.
1st purchase was a jennings j-22 when i was 21. still have it.
spent any extra time at summer camp with the boyscouts at the range. conveinently right next to the site our troop always reserved.
a daisy 840 (i think) filled my needs as a youth.
tonbon
tonbon

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalashnichris Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:16 pm

bought a bb gun from a kid up the street....first real gun i remember shooting was my dads .22 magnum/.410 o/u savage...i was 14 or so and couldnt hit nothing with the .22....my kid has me beat...he shot my rpk @ 3.5 Very Happy
Kalashnichris
Kalashnichris

Back to top Go down

Post  fedup Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:45 pm

my first gun single shot 410 ga fell in love with hunting and shooting 6 years old

fedup

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmedinGB Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:46 am

The first gun that I ever shot was my Grandpa's 300 Savage. My shoulder hurt, but I hit the target. I was about 8 years old.

ArmedinGB

Back to top Go down

What is the first gun you ever shot? Empty 12 gauge shotgun

Post  JoshB Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:50 am

Got my first shooting lesson with it and my first shooter safety lesson with it as well. Lets just say I learned not to mess around with a gun ever again. My dad saw to that lol

JoshB

Back to top Go down

What is the first gun you ever shot? Empty My first gun?

Post  Ronin Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:56 am

I was 5 when I fired grandpa's .410
Ronin
Ronin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigintarma Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:02 am

First gun? Mmm if I recall my dads Model '94 30-30 Winchester which is now mine.

*Edit* Wrong number...

Sigintarma

Back to top Go down

Post  harleyrider1 Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:25 pm

12 gauge semi-automatic shotgun when I was 11 years old. Dad got it for for Christmas.

harleyrider1

Back to top Go down

What is the first gun you ever shot? Empty M1 Garand

Post  Nightstalker Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:04 am

I fired a friend of my father's M1 Garand in 1976 as a 6 year old. I've been hooked ever since...
Nightstalker
Nightstalker

Back to top Go down

What is the first gun you ever shot? Empty the first gun i ever shot

Post  spanky19 Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:42 am

Was a 12 gauge Browning. That belong to my pawpaw. That has been passed on to me.

spanky19

Back to top Go down

What is the first gun you ever shot? Empty First gun ever shot

Post  jball50 Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:45 pm

I really can't remember which but it was either my brother's .22 rifle or the 4-10 shotgun my parents got me to learn with.
jball50
jball50

Back to top Go down

Post  Poorboy Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:35 pm

My first other than a BB gun lol, would be a .410 pump that my dad got me when I was like 8 it got stolen tho. Would give a lot to have that thing back! First rifle was a .22 followed soon by a 30-30. It's all been uphill from there! I love my guns
Poorboy
Poorboy

Back to top Go down

What is the first gun you ever shot? Empty Marlin 30-30

Post  dhooksc Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:44 am

First shot was with my dad's Marlin 30-30. He still has that gun. Won't even sell it to me even though he hasn't shot it in 30 years.

dhooksc

Back to top Go down

Post  Ornette_Coleman Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:42 pm

Ruger 10/22. First pistol was a CZ83 or Star 9mm. Can't really remember. I really enjoyed shooting the 22, but shooting the pistols is what made me fall in love with shooting.

Ornette_Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post  snafu Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:58 pm

Grew up around guns, reloads and competition shooting. Like most, my first gun was a bb gun, but graduated to a .22-250 and a 30-06 at 13. Since then I've shot so many different guns it's almost hard to name them all. It's definitely turned into a bit of an addiction.

snafu

Back to top Go down

Post  Live Free or Die Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:04 pm

Dads Ruger 10/22
Live Free or Die
Live Free or Die

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum